Friday, August 05, 2005

Ring of Darkness

11:11 AM by Nicky Vegas

I was at a video store last night, looking for a DVD copy of "Don't Put it in THERE #27", when I came across a new film, "Ring of Darkness". I have to assume this was a straight-to-video kind of horror film.

What caught my eye was the cast list. Right across the top of the cover were the two big stars of the film, 70's & 80's superchest, Adrienne Barbeau and American Idol's (season one) oddly attractive, Ryan Starr.

Now don't get me wrong. I'd happily make both of these fine ladies a Nicky Vegas Martini in order to dance the Hot & Sloppy with them. You rarely get to find films quite like this and I thought I'd share.

What you have here is quite amazing. You have a film designed to attract fans of mature & young hotties in peril, increasing the demographic appeal overall but that's not really the appeal.

You also have a flick where TOP BILLING is Adrienne Barbeau, while attractive & talented, should be on reality television shows now and not starring in any motion pictures. She was never known for her amazing acting talents. She was known for her smokin' bod and the acting was a great way to showcase the bog.

Next to her (not below her, mind you) is Ryan Starr, while attractive & talented, is a gal ONLY known for being ON reality TV shows (and her smokin' bod! I hear she also sings.).

I'd have KILLED to be on this film. In fact, I was up for the part of "Jake" but they wanted someone younger and dumber than ol' Nicky. Anyway, can you IMAGINE the behind-the-scenes drama there. There had to be some conflict between the aging icon and the up & coming whiny singer. The daily cat fights alone between Barbeau & Starr would have been worth watching. Hell, THAT should have been the film. I could guarantee a 30M box office weekend if you've got those two pulling hair and tearing shirts off of each other.

I didn't end up renting the flick. I was, after all, on a mission.

It also bears mentioning that Mink Stole is listed as a cast member, making the film even BETTER somehow!

Comments (4)

  1. Adrienne B? Yeah, I remember them.

  2. I don't know Nicky. Sounds more like a B-rated wet dream, then a movie to me! ;-)
    3T

  3. Holy hell, what was that?

  4. When I was birthin' my 5th kid, the midwife kept tellin me to feel "The Ring Of Fire". It ain't the same thing though.

Post a Comment

<< Home