Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Beam Me Up, Scotty

7:10 PM by Nicky Vegas

Yeah, it's with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of James "Scotty" Doohan. He was 85 years old and was one hard-working actor.

I have no proof of this, but there is a very good chance that he, rather unknowingly, was the father of our youngest brother, SoNnY. It would explain his strange obsessions with Star Trek and alcohol.

I remember hearing Shecky tell me that he met Doohan after a one-nighter in Atlantic City. He saw the guy at the bar of the Caesers Palace and decided to drop off a head shot and resumé to the guy, hoping to score a gig as Gay Klingon #42 in "Star Trek VIII, The Unnecessary Sequel" . Doohan used Shecky's photo as a coaster and offered to buy him a drink.

When Doohan asked Shecky what he wanted to drink, Shecky simply pointed to a bottle of Jim Beam and yelled, "Beam me up, Scotty". Immediately afterwards Doohan crushed my brother's nose with an ashtray and left.

He'll be missed by at least four of The Vegas Brothers.

Comments (4)

  1. Yup! He sure beamed them up better than anyone! Hiya Nicky Boy and Sonny! How's my 2 favorite Vegas Brothers?

  2. Aw, I'm OK, Ma. I'd feel better if we had a few more readers, a few more gigs, and if my no-good brothers would be posting a little more...or AT ALL!



    ;)

  3. And he will certainly be missed. Thanks for the compliments and for visiting my blog!

  4. See Jade, one of the guys is something of a computer moron and hasn't quite figured out how all this works.

    One guy is very busy with another project.

    One guy can't see the benefit nor the marketing advantage of blogging.

    One guy is...well, one guy is SoNnY.

    Leaving just me to keep the biz afloat, the fans happy, and the ladies satisfied. ;)

    I've posted a few pleas to the readers to e-mail the other brothers and badger them to play along, but alas...no luck.

Post a Comment

<< Home