Saturday, May 21, 2005

What the Hell is a MEME?

12:01 PM by Nicky Vegas

I got "tagged" yesterday. Normally, this isn't anything out of the ordinary as I am one sexy beast and the ladies can't wait to get with the Juggler Man and his Mighty Balls of Steel (Man, I love juggling humor!)

Anyway, Ma over at Tutu Bent's Hale, tagged ol' Nicky with some sort of internet nonsense called a MEME. I had no freakin' idea what a MEME was and I planned on ignoring it. Then I figured it all out and since Ma wanted to hear from me so badly I thought I'd share it here. A story about the only other time I was tagged by a MEME. You asked for it!

Hope you enjoy it, Ma. I'm supposed to tag 5 others to do this thing. Since I don't tag & tell (unless forced or paid to do so...or if I'm drunk...or if people doubt my manhood) I'm just gonna let this be the end-all, be-all of meme answers.

We worked with a Meme once at this art festival in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada several years ago. A lady Meme. Cute gal from what I could see. She also played a lot of those Renaissance faires when she wasn't pissing off everyone around her with her "walking against the wind" crap.

Anyway, she indicated to me back stage that she wanted to "get a taste of Downtown Vegas". She memed the whole thing & at first, I thought she was rehearsing her "eating an overly large and extremely satisfying popsicle" routine. When I saw her meming, "not in my hair", "oh, you got in in my eyes", & "you promised you'd warn me first" I understood.

So we went to my dressing room and I gave her her reward. Later that night I showed her the rest of Vegas, including the Strip. She showed me her "trapped in a box" routine and we had a great evening. Man she was a screamer, which seemed ironic, given that memes don't talk and all.

Comments (20)

  1. Nicky are you drinkin' my HAI KARATE aftershave again?

    Say, what's Mom makin' for dinner tonight?

  2. LMAO!! You're a definite bad boy Nicky! ;-)
    But very funny too!

  3. Thanks, 3T. Always nice to hear that some tasty broad thinks I'm funny. I think more ladies tell me I'm funny, but I can't be sure. It is so hard to understand what they're saying when their mouths are full. -OH!-

    Sonny, I think Mom is makin' Beef Sizzlers tonight.

  4. Hiya, Nicky Boy. Yes I agree with 3T, bad boy you! ;)

    I'm glad to meet the rest of the brothers.

    You got tagged!

  5. Heck, Ma, you still haven't met Bobby Vegas or The Very Famous Lance Vegas. This party only gets better.

    I'm still trying to get the other guys (technophobes...or is that homophobes?) to get in here and start making with the mingling and the funny.

    They forget that sometimes the little people have only the love of The Vegas Brothers to keep them going.

    Anyway, glad you got in here to comment. I was worried that maybe the blog was rejectin' ya for tring to tag me in public.

  6. Hey, Nicky Boy......maybe you guys can strike up a gig here in Hawaii. :) That would be sweet, cause all of the gang here can go and catch the act. And then have a big bash and they'll be ham on the floor! :D

  7. Hey! Here's an idea.

    All of the cool Hawaii bloggers, MUST know somebody with jobs in the hotel, club, or corporate world. You can't all be crazed lava-watchers living off of cash made from cheap shell jewelery, right?

    So, pass on my website and The Vegas Brothers website to all sorts of folks looking for some good entertainment. Talk us up like crazy.

    We can all come out there. I could be the opening act for The Vegas Brothers and after the show(s) we can all get together for a big-drinking, ham-eating good time.

    I'd make sure that whomever gets us a good gig will get some sort of a commission or referral fee, of course.

  8. Ma, if you're anything like Priss, you can enjoy my ham anywhere you damn well please.

    That just sounds wrong with any form of the word "mother" in front, don't it? Hope Mama Vegas doesn't read this!

  9. If ya want,...I can make Don Ho disappear once we get there.

    ...oh, can we visit the place where the Brady Bunch filmed that Hawaiian episode?

  10. Sounds like a plan. If one of us can find a gig for the Vegas Brother and Andy, y'all better get your butt's down here.

    And Sonny, you can visit anywhere you like! :D

  11. Shit Nicky!! We can't take you anywhere! Ham is not for eating, ham is for throwing on the floor at Ma's parties.

    Trust me, if any of the corporate lackeys here would listen to me you'd be here by now :) You're act is too clean for them anyhow.

    I'm thinkin you should get together with Bud and Priss and all of you take your show on the road.

  12. Yeah, Nicky Boy. How's DB gonna take you anywhere when you don't know what to do with the ham?

    You better ask your ex-Priss about the ham. :)

  13. I'm not a meme. I can't shut up long enough to get my Yarnell on.

    That said, I blogrolled you guys ages ago. Whom do I have to sleep with to -- I mean, how would one go about arranging a reciprocal link?

  14. Nobody tells me nuthin'. How am I supposed to know about Hawaiian ham if I've never been there. Zeesh!

    Golfwidow, all fixed. Musta got lost in the shuffle.

  15. Hawaiian hams are those little piggies with the grass skirts.
    -----------------------------

    "E ho`i i ka pili, E ku`u ipo, E nêne`e mai, e nânea mai, E ke aloha, E ho`onipo kâua."

    Am I being too forward?

    Honi honi,
    Sonny

  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  17. There sure ain't a dull moment with you Vegas Brothers! OMG all you ex's of Nicky Boy. :D

  18. omg, I laughed my ass off. Which is a considerable feat, mind you. I always thought that meme's were sluts anyway, glad to know I was right. I'm wondering if I too can be an ex-vagas chick... what are the requirements? Are drinking beer and laughing at stupid people considered bonus attributes? Cuz I'm really good at that.

  19. Drinking beer is pretty much the secret to my success with the ladies, Kim. The more you drink the funnier I get, the better looking I get, and the less you seem to mind being with me.

    So...you're on the list to be a future ex-wife.

  20. I knew that shit would pay off one day!

Post a Comment

<< Home